When it comes to your home and the plumbing within it, you want it to be sound and running without issues that can make your home life a living nightmare. Unfortunately, the plumbing in your home doesn’t care if it turns a great day into a bad one; this is where our plumbers will step in to assist you with the help you need. In fact, many homeowners only call a plumber once every few years or so, but there are some who call much more often; here’s why:
Common Plumbing Issues Our Plumbers Can Repair
- Dripping Faucets – A dripping faucet is not only annoying, but it’s far from efficient; yet, we let faucets drip away for months! If you’re a culprit of letting your leaky faucets get away with this, it’s time you call your local plumber in Suffolk County. Why? A leaky faucet will only cause you to waste money on your monthly water bill. In fact, if you’d like to know how much the dripping faucet in your bathroom or kitchen are costing you, use this Drip Calculator.
- Leaky Pipes – While leaky pipes are more common during cold, wintery months in Suffolk County, they’re also very common year round as well. Near the joints of pipes is where you will most likely find a leak, so make sure you keep an eye out for wet spots on the ceiling or floor. You don’t want to end up spending money on both a leaky pipe repair or fixing water damage from a stubborn, leaky pipe. It’s necessary to call a local plumber to get the repairs completed as soon as possible.
- Running Toilets – If you’re searching for a culprit in your household that’s causing you to lose money on your monthly water bill, it’s time to check your toilets. Are they running? A running toilet can waste up to 200 gallons of water per day; knowing this fun fact, it’s time for you to have your running toilet repaired at an affordable price by an experienced plumber.
- Low Water Pressure – Although new home builds in the area are much more likely to be built to deliver lower water pressure to Suffolk County residents, if you’ve always had a higher water pressure that has suddenly dropped, it could be because you have a hidden leak in your home. However, there are more reasons than just a leak that could cause this issue.To learn more, stay tuned for our next blog: What’s Causing Low Water Pressure in My Home?
- Leaky Hose Bibb – First off, what is a hose bibb? Answer: A hose bibb is the outdoor water faucet that protrudes from your home at window sill-height; it’s where you connect the hose to the house for water use. And, a leaky hose bibb may be costing you plenty of money in the form of water waste. In order to make sure your hose bibb is free of cracks, it’s vital you either invest in a frost-proof hose bibb or have your hose bibbs thoroughly checked prior to cold months here in Suffolk.
- Clogged or Slow Drains – A clogged drain is a drain that is no good; a slow drain is a drain that is no good. If you’re dealing with a clogged drain or one that drains water painfully slow, it’s time to call a plumber. This type of plumbing issue is one of the more popular ones; give us a call if you’re experiencing clogged or slow drains in your household.
- Sump Pump Problems – Is your sump pump failing you? Heavy rains and heavy snowfall can raise the water table, leaving you with needing a sump pump that works. If you are dealing with sump pump failure, it’s imperative you have it fixed as soon as possible. You want to be prepared for the next big rain or snow storm; don’t you? It’s better to be ready for a flood than to have to deal with a flooded basement from a broken sump pump.
- Water Heater – Did you jump into the shower this morning to realize the water was ice cold? We’re sure that’s not how you wanted to begin your morning! It’s not only the worst feeling, but it can be frustrating to learn your water heater is having issues. If your water heater is 12-years-old or older, it wouldn’t surprise us if your water heater surprised you one morning. Regardless, rest assured our plumbers can help you out when you’re in need. We can providing repairs and replacements to your water heater.
Get Plumbing Help!
Join Hubbard Plumbing online today to schedule a much-needed plumbing repair from our experienced plumbers in Suffolk County. We’re happy to give you a free quote for services needed and can answer any questions or concerns you may have about a plumbing issue going on in your home. Call today!